Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On the Road - Destination Lake Tahoe....


I started off on my journey up to Lake Tahoe to compete in the 2011 Tahoe Nalu Paddle Festival with the sun coming up over the Mojave desert.


US 395 follows the valleys along the eastern edge of the Sierra.


Three Plus breaks up the monotony of the long drive.


Heading out of the desert and up into the mountains. US 395 traverses the entire length of the Owens Valley.


The highway finally passes Mono Lake.


Mono Lake and Me!


The East Walker River.


Nevada - Topaz Lake is where US 395 leaves California.


The east shore of Lake Tahoe.


After driving all day, I was finally heading down the west shore when I got this crazy idea to run to the top of Eagle Rock. Take a look at the video....Ouch! But hey, anyone who as ever taken the short hike to the top of Eagle Rock....so worth it. The views are spectacular!


I continued down the west shore with the moon rising over the lake.....final destination my friends house in Homewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message and let me know what you think! Aloha!